Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.”
~ Jack Welch
Are you a leader? Are you looking to bring on a leader in your organization? Consider this short list of important qualities:
1. A leader is always full of praise.
2. A leader learns to use the phrases “thank you” and “please” on the way to the top.
3. A leader is always growing.
4. A leader is possessed with dreams.
5. A leader launches forth before success is certain.
6. A leader is not afraid of confrontation.
7. A leader talks about their own mistakes before talking about someone else’s
8. A leader is a person of honesty and integrity.
9. A leader has a good name.
10. A leader makes others better.
11. A leader is quick to praise and encourage the smallest amount of improvement.
12. A leader is genuinely interested in others.
13. A leader looks for opportunities to find someone doing something right.
14. A leader takes others up with them.
15. A leader responds to their own failures and acknowledges them before others have to discover and reveal them.
16. A leader never allows murmuring—from themself or others.
17. A leader is specific in what they expect.
18. A leader holds accountable those who work with him or her.
19. A leader does what is right rather than what is popular.
20. A leader is a servant.